Skelia is Officially ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified
Skelia, a trusted software development, quality assurance, and outsourcing services provider, gets officially ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is an information security management system standard specially created for those who want to keep information assets secure and prove that they do so.
Security is a point of emphasis for Skelia. That’s why we are incredibly proud to get this certificate. I want to thank everybody involved in this process. Above all, it’s an important step forward for all of us in terms of corporate security and the way people should do business today.
About ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification
Aimed at keeping information assets secure, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification gives a competitive advantage for small, medium, and large businesses in any sector. Therefore, it provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk.
It’s interesting to add that, similar to other ISO management system standards; ISO/IEC 27001 certification is not in any case obligatory. But, nowadays, it has become the most widespread globally type of ISO. As a result, any reputable online service or product wants to have it to prove its customers severe intentions to the way it runs the business.
The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification Process
There are two stages in the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification process: internal and external.
- The internal preparatory stage is all about establishing an on-site Information Security Management process; implementing data security best practices, and developing security documentation needed according to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standards.
- Meanwhile, the external certification stage is a comprehensive process that features documentation reviews regarding all ISO criteria; along with a detailed three-day on-site audit made by UKAS. UKAS is the UK’s National Accreditation Body, responsible for determining, in the public interest, the technical competence and integrity of organisations such as those offering testing, calibration, and certification services.
Skelia ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification: What does it mean for our customers?
The internationally recognized ISO 27001 certificate guarantees that Skelia has implemented all of its processes and organizational structures properly. Therefore, the certificate indicates that Skelia:
- Manages all risks related
to information security.
- Protects its information
- Guarantees secure exchange
- Achieves compliance with
international best practices and legislation.
- Protects its brand image.
Last but not least
Skelia is an international studio providing software development, engineering, and outsourcing services. The company’s core industries include IoT, e-commerce, digital media, as well as software & cloud services. Moreover, Skelia operates through a global network of offices in Luxembourg, the UK, the Netherlands, Ukraine, Poland, and the United States.