Senior Node js Developer
About the vacancy
Skelia is on the hunt for a skilled Senior Node js Developer to join our team for the client TUI UK – the subsidiary of the global tourism business giant! The company is very ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to offer the best service for its 30 million clients around the world.
As a Senior Node js Developer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation.
Do you feel enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship? Do you have a strong DevSecOps mindset? Then you could be an asset to our team!
About our client
TUI UK is one of the biggest subsidiaries of the tourism market global leader - TUI. The company operates in 180 countries all around the world, has more than 70 000 people on board, and over 30 million customers. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
This role is an excellent opportunity for an expert who’d like to be a part of a cross-functional team and play a vital role in facilitating data-driven resolutions. TUI is undergoing a crucial digital transformation. What does it mean for the development team? No legacy and only cutting-edge technologies. Not only the tech part of the project is fantastic, but also the internal culture. All team members are granted a high level of power over technical choices and empowerment over business decisions. So why not join this wonderful project? We have modern technologies, international tech experts on board, and indeed – a welcoming team!
As part of the team, you’ll be engaged in the continuous development of the client’s product and initiate the improvements to meet the business needs and strategies:
- You will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures, and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You will select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate, and test new approaches, processes, and tools, and help teams to use them effectively
- Proficiency in NodeJS
- Strong experience with AWS Kendra and Lex. V2 is preferred
- Hands on experience with data persistence (SQL/NoSQL)
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools, and services on AWS
- Experience in customer contact methods, eg Chat, and knowledge base applications
- Good experience in CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Knowledge of Python is a big plus
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Good command of English
“Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
Interesting projects with innovative products
Competitive salary and regular reviews
The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
Educational support, funded language classes
Luxmed private healthcare packages
Cozy workplace. Fresh fruits Mondays. WFH opportunities
Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
Receive support with all documentation needed for relocation
Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
Get accommodation support